BSIDESROC WILL FOLLOW ALL GUIDANCE AND RESTRICTIONS DIRECTED BY THE CDC, STATE OF NEW YORK, CITY OF HENRIETTA, AND THE RIT INN AND CONFERENCE CENTER.
The BSidesROC Board values the health and safety of participants and staff. As part of our return to a physical venue, we continue to evaluate the current situation as it pertains to the COVID-19 pandemic.The following details our safety policy regarding the pandemic. All participants of BSidesROC must present proof of full vaccination or a negative test in order to attend the conference.
Vaccination or Negative Test Required
In order to attend, all participants must be fully vaccinated or provide a negative test within 72 hours of BSides Rochester. This mean that one has received either
- A single shot of Johnson & Johnson Covid Vaccine no later than March 4
- 2 shots of either Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTECH Covid vaccine no later than March 4
- Proof of a negative test no more than 72 hours prior to the first date you plan on attending ( i.e. 3/15 if you plan on attending the training otherwise 3/16)
If you are fully vaccinated but outside of the time boundaries set above, or not vaccinated, you will need proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the conference. OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO BSIDESROC.
Vaccination proof can be in the following forms:
- Official Vaccination Card as issued by the CDC
- Official State Vaccination App
- High Resolution picture of Official Vaccination Card as issued by the CDC, where the writing and text on the card must be easily readable.
In addition to the aforementioned vaccination requirements, we are also requiring the wearing of a mask.
Masks requirements include:
- Mask should be a solid, multi-layer piece of material without slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.
- A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth and is well-fitted.
- May contain filter pockets or sleeves.
- Medical masks and N-95 respirators fulfill the requirements.
The following do not fulfill the mask requirements:
- Face shields or goggles (unless to supplement a proper and properly worn mask)
- Scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, or bandannas
- Shirt or sweater collars pulled up over the mouth and nose.
- Masks made from loosely woven or knitted fabrics that let light pass through
- Masks made from non porous or too dense materials (such as vinyl, plastic or leather)
- Masks that do not fit properly
Consistent failure to wear an approved mask can result in ejection for the conference and a ban on returning until after the pandemic. We do understand that these changes might be frustrating, and being reminded to adhere to them can be embarassing or offensive. However, these measures and the reminders to follow these measures are for everyone’s protection.
If a staff member reminds you to adjust your mask so it fits over your nose, please know that this is for your safety. Verbal abuse towards BSidesROC staff, volunteers, or hotel staff will result in ejection from the conference.
Any threats of physical or nonphysical retalliation with regard to our COVID-19 policies, or other policies, will result in ejection from the conference, as well as a lifetime ban to the conference. Law enforcement will be alerted as needed.
We all look forward to having everyone at the conference and hope to see you there!