Hacker Battleship is our take on the Capture-the-flag style hacking competitions. Individuals and teams will complete various challenges in an attempt to discover the battleships on the game board.
The rules are pretty simple:
- Teams register for the competition (teams of 1 are permitted).
- “The House” has a 7×7 battleship grid laid out
- Each coordinate on the grid is tied to a hacking challenge of some kind.
- All of the teams work to sink all of The House’s ships.
- When a challenge is solved, the corresponding coordinate is revealed as either a hit or a miss.
- Points are awarded for
- solving a challenge
- hitting a ship
- sinking a ship
- At the end of the competition, the team with the most points wins the game, and a (to be determined) prize.
We’re pretty excited about this game. To our knowledge it’s unique among the CTF challenges out there. We hope you all come prepared to play!