Hacker Battleship is our take on capture-the-flag style hacking competitions. Individuals and teams will complete various challenges in an attempt to discover the battleships on the game board. We’ve redesigned everything from the ground up this year, so we’ll have a new look, and new challenges!
The rules are pretty simple:
- Teams register for the competition (teams of 1 are permitted).
- “The House” has a 7×7 battleship grid laid out
- Each coordinate on the grid is tied to a hacking challenge of some kind.
- All of the teams work to sink all of The House’s ships.
- When a challenge is solved, the corresponding coordinate is revealed as either a hit or a miss.
- Points are awarded for
- solving a challenge
- hitting a ship
- sinking a ship
- At the end of the competition, the team with the most points wins the game, and a (to be determined) prize.
We’re pretty excited about this game. To our knowledge it’s unique among the CTF challenges out there. We hope you all come prepared to play!